Website ROEM Development Corporation
Housing Development Company
The Project Manager is responsible in the day to day duties to facilitate and manage pre-construction and construction activities of multi-family apartment projects ranging from 50 – 300+ units in size.
- Reviewing and verifying constructability of the plans and specifications through meeting with subcontractors and consultants as well as through the RFI and submittal
- Creating and enforcing a construction schedule that is tracked and updated daily with a constant monthly look ahead to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Initial project estimates and bidding (minimum of 3 bids) and qualifying subcontractors
- Preparing scopes of work and recommending subcontractors to be selected for contracting on the construction of the project. Sending out invitations to bid and managing the bidding process.
- Negotiating scopes of work and final contract amounts, preparing, estimating and verifying change order requests
- Responding to RFI’s or submittals and responding to subcontractor or consultants project related questions.
- Directing and managing each of the Superintendents and Project Engineers to maintain the performance of subcontractors and consultants on-site.
- Implementation of strict construction safety practices
- Verify compliance with the plans and specifications, hosting weekly and monthly jobsite meetings as well as managing and conducting other duties necessary for the successful completion of the projects.
- Review monthly subcontractor invoices through Textura
- Attend monthly budget and draw meetings with lenders/inspectors
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the construction of multi-family apartment projects with below grade podium parking and above grade structured parking with verifiable employment and experience
- Proficient in scheduling with Microsoft Project or other software equivalent
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Procore
- Proficient in reviewing and understanding all construction documents including building plans and specifications
- Ability to bid, negotiate and prepare scopes for subcontract agreements, create and manage construction schedules, manage RFI’s and submittal process, and deliver projects on time and on budget
- Previous employment with a residential construction general contractor
- Positive attitude, professional workmanship and appearance, excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented, organized and results driven with a sense of urgency
- Great Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, 401k plan, PTO, Gym Membership
To apply for this job please visit www.roemcorp.com.